The Bolton Historical Museum
The Historical Society of the Town of Bolton began operating the Historical Museum in 1971. The Museum building, a former church, was built in 1890 and underwent several additions and extensive restorations long before it was deeded to the Town of Bolton in 1967 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany.
The New York State Education Department granted our Historical Society its charter on July 31, 1970. It is governed by elected officers and a Board of Trustees. Recently the building underwent new renovations and several roof additions in preparations for the 1999 Town of Bolton Bicentennial celebrations.
Our mission is to educate townspeople and visitors about the history of Bolton, Lake George and the surrounding region. The museum displays extensive collections of regional artifacts and memorabilia and we sponsor a summer lecture series with the Darrin Fresh Water Institute in Bolton Landing.